Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Turn!

I haven't posted anything lately because I've taken a little break from Pinterest projects....It's been crazy busy and I just haven't had the time.

Never fear, my sister's wedding is less than a month away and I've got a few things I need to get done.

That and the fact that I'm going to have a TON of projects in the future! (Not so) Grizley Adams proposed this weekend! (He shaved his beard for the occasion so I'm going to have to find a new nickname for him).

Fiance pretending to be regretful.

I've already started planning a sweet DIY for my "will you be my bridesmaid" gifts. Once I send them out I'll make a post and give you a step by step on how to make your own!

The Proposal Story: He had been hinting around hardcore for a while so I knew it was coming. I was convinced it was this weekend until my sneaky cousin got involved and CONVINCED me he had a big plan for later on. She asked me and Grizley Adams to stop by and take some pictures of her and her fiance for their upcoming engagement shoot because they were arguing about where to have it and they wanted some "samples" at a mansion on the creek (I probably should've seen through this but she is a terrible liar so I totally believed her). We walk up on a dock and I start talking to them and out of the corner of my eye I see him get on one knee. He says "I surprised you! I'm not one for speeches, but you've been my best friend for three years and there is no doubt in my mind that I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I want that to start today.....Will you marry me?" Of COURSE I said yes! Then he turns me around and my bestie and her boyfriend are standing behind us taking pictures.



Everything was caught on camera and we have tons of pictures from when he got on one knee to when it finally sank in about twenty minutes later. It was fantastic. Then later we went to dinner at our favorite little restaurant with all of our family and friends. It was the perfect day!








Anyways....we're going to try to stay super budget conscious so that means a TON of DIY projects!  If any of you married ladies out there have any tips or advice please feel free to give it!

How to make  your own chalkboards on the cheap coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously can.not.wait to see all your DIY wedding stuff. I was goo-goo over DIY when we got married!

    ReplyDelete